Monday 21 October 2019

Game Idea Research

                                    Idea's for my game 


Hello
Welcome to my blog
Now that I’m in the process of making a game I need to look at my four ideas and pick one which I think will suit best for my game. I want to go with my first idea which I make a fighting game using real life fighters and have so you run into other fighters and you have to defeat them all to win the game I will have to see how this game will work om unity before I actually go with this idea and make it into a game. This game will have a few mechanics to it:

1.       Fighting: In this game you will pick a fighter and fight other fighters in one on one fights. This will be a fight like a mortal Kombat fight. So, each fight will be 3 rounds and the first one to win 2 is the winner and there will be different moves depending on what you press.
Image result for fighting game rounds
2.       Running into fighters: This game will work like Pokemon. So, the game is an open world free roam game and you run into fighters and fight them. You will have to find the fighters around the map to be able to fight them, but you can fight who you want when you want.
Image result for pokemon fight


3.       The game will also have doors you have to open to get to the next section of the game. So, you will have to defeat other fighters to get their belts and open the door so you can move onto the next section of the game.
Image result for belts boxing

So, I will have to see if I can make this game on unity in the time, I must make the game. I do think it will be difficult to make the game, but I do think this will be a good game to make.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Jamie, just read through your game idea and I must say wow. I really like your game ideas that you have proposed for yourself. I really enjoy fighting games myself even though I don't consider myself particularly skilled in them. I like the idea behind the first game: simple but its clear and its to the point of what you wish your game to be like. I'm not entirely sure about the second game, you describe how beating each fighter brings you one step closer to opening the next door to the next stage, but how much of an open world is the game? Does exploring the over world benefit the players in other ways like say finding special bonuses to help the player or is it very reduced it to a small map with merely the fighters standing around? Or do some of them require a certain way up to them like maybe there is one fighter on a platform that can't be reached till a certain goal is met beforehand. I would improve the game by having the opponents you fight specialize in different fighting strategies but overall I think your ideas are rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie I have just read through your blog and your post and it was very good and you seem to have great ideas. This would be a good game to do as a lot of people would enjoy it, especially people that are into fighting themselves or following professional fighters. I can see that you run into people and then fight them but just a suggestion- maybe putting locations on the map or a logo of a human so that the player knows where they are located. What is the layout of your game is it going to be very 'fighting' orientated? Or will it be a normal 'game world' appearance wise. I can see that you know what you want your end goal to look and feel like which is great but maybe if you added a few obstacles along the way it could greatly improve it!
    Anyways Jamie it sounds like a great idea and hope it all goes well for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie,

    First I really like your blog, it's easy to read and easy to follow. I also really like your game idea, while I don't play fighting game, I do enjoy a round or two of mortal Kombat ! I like how simple your idea is, gives you the ability refine it.

    However I do have one question: Why open world ? I enjoy a open world game but they're overdone and to be honest, your game doesn't sound that open world to me, in fact it sounds completely level based.

    One thing to fix that could be to other ways for the player to reach the next level ? Maybe you could just break the door down if you learn a certain skill that you can learn just like in Pokemon ?

    Overall I think your game idea is great and has potential.

    Can't wait to read your blog in the future !

    Y.I.S.
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete