Thursday 10 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 02

                            Step two in game making


Hello
Welcome to my blog.

Now that I have started to use unity, I’m able to see how difficulty the process in making a video game. Last week I looked over how make objects and making terrain in Unity so now I’m expanding on my knowledge on unity.
Image result for difficult meme
Today I’m looking at Jimmy Vegas and going through the next steps of tutorials. The first video I watched I learned about improving graphics for a game. There was a lot more coding involved then last week. I also learned in the first video how to collect an item and it to make a noise when it’s collected.

For the second video I watch I learned how to use raycast. This is used for what you can see within the game. I also learned  by going into game object tab and go into UI tab and then select raw image. This then will be displayed in front of you when you’re playing but you will able to change it around to help fix your view of the game.
Image result for raycast
There is a lot more detail in these videos but I found it difficult to do these in unity, so I need to go back to these and figure out how to do the tasks in the videos

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie, loved reading your blog.
    I agree that it is hard to get the hang of Unity but I also find Jimmy Vegas videos a good help as he shows you bit by bit how to get the basics done. It's good you learned about how to collect an item and it make a noise when you go through because its an element in a game that most games have and I will also be adding this to my game.

    ReplyDelete