Friday 18 October 2019

Game Vision Statement

                                           My game 


Hello
Welcome to my blog.
Image result for fighting games
                                                              Fighter
This is the game I’m designing in Unity. This game is an open world fighting game. This game will be based on real life fighters but it’s the parody version them. You will be able to pick one the fighters and explore the world picking fighter. This will be a 3d game. The game will be mix between Pokemon with its open world and like street fighter with the fighting in the game.  This will be a fun unique fighting game.
Image result for pokemon

As I said this game will be a mix between Pokemon and Street fighter. The game will have a few real life fighters like Conor Mcgregor and movie fighters like Rocky. Instead of using the real versions of them for the game I will be sing parody versions of the fighters in the game. For example, Conor proper 12 and Socky. For the game you will have to go around the map finding all the other fighters and defeating them in one on one fights to get their belts. If you defeat all them and get their belts you will be able to open the door and win the game.
 Image result for crazy conor mcgregor


This game will have:
Open world experience
One on one fights
A selection of fighters
Challenging game play
Multiplayer one on one fights.

The gameplay will consist of looking all the map looking for other fighters to fight. Once you go up to the other fighter and interact with them. This will trigger the game to change into a one on one with the fighter. The fight will work like other fighting games with a health bar and each of the fighters having different moves. So, for example it would work like Street fighter and Mortal Kombat. Once you beat the other fighter this will earn their belt which will work as key to open the door at the end of the map. You choose who you want to fight when you want but the further you go down the map the harder the fighters will be to defeat. There will also be hidden belts around the map that you can find to open the door. I will also try if I have extra time to have multiplayer where two people can pick fighters so they can fight each other. This will make the extra fun because it will become more competitive. This will give the chance for the player to try out all the different characters and have fun with their friends.
Image result for fighting games

The words I would use to describe this game is an open world, adventure, fighter, sports, parody and puzzle game. All of this will combine to make a unique and fun game.

This game will take a lot work, time and learning to make. I will have been to get all the assets for the game as well and look around the internet for them. I will have to learn how to make one on one fights between the character you play as and the character you must fight. There is videos online explain these and it will take a lot of time and effort to do this. I will have to look on the internet for the right assets for the map of the game and the characters. The thing this requires is time and I will need to organize time to do this.

 I’m hoping for this game played on multiply platforms, but I will be focusing on playing the game on PC which is where I’m making it. I’m hoping that I will have the time to add multiplayer as well if I have the time to do this after I make the single player version of the game.  I do prefer playing games with a controller and I think fighting games work much better with a controller.
Fighter games are popular genre in the gaming community.  Games like Pokemon and Mortal Kombat are very popular and well regarded. This shows that a fighting game will be a good idea as it’s a type pf genre that works well and is very popular. If look how they made their games Those games have a designed their game in such way that the fighting of the game comes fun and addictive.
 Image result for mortal kombat
Overall, I’m looking to make an open world fighting game. This will be a long and challenging process. If work hard and plan my time out I think I will be able to make this game. Which I think will make a fun experience for the player.
                                                    


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie I loved reading about your game idea it sounds really cool. I found it very unique and cool that the game and the character is based on real life fighters but a parody version of them, thats a different thing to do but it will work well! Im not really sure how that works though as it would have to look very similar to them in real life to know who they are, or maybe you will have their name on it so it can be identified? Im not too sure but I would suggest that you add their name to it so that people will know who it is! It would be cool to have fighters on it as a lot of people into fighting will love that!
    I hope the game goes well for you it sounds really good and I hope it all comes together as I know Unity can be hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, I really like reading about your game idea and I loved the idea. I love the concept of your game being a fighting game as I myself love playing fighting game, I like the fact that your getting real life fighter and putting them into settings that they wouldn't be familiar with. Im just curious onto how we will get to pick what fighter we want? , and also how you will design each fighter to let the player know who they are ?. After reading your excellent idea, I thought to myself that what if you added a game mode where there was multiple fighters instead of one on one fights as it would add a bit of madness into the game, also what if you made it possible for each fighter to have a different type of weapon of their choice that they could use if they gained enough momentum to use to help them beat their opponent. Overall I love the idea and hope you enjoy your game process.

    ReplyDelete